PO Box 472
1637 Fort Street
Mackinac Island, Michigan
(906) 847-3798
trinitymackinac@gmail.com

a year-round congregation of The Episcopal Church

Services

History

Historic Marker

 

Trinity services on Mackinac Island date from 1837, when a bishop preached in the Mission Church. For many years the congregation met in the Post Chapel at Fort Mackinac and in the Court House. In 1873, a parish was organized and in 1882 this church building was constructed. Its furnishings include an altar of hand-carved walnut and two chancel chairs made by soldiers at the fort.

(Text from the Michigan Historic Marker at Trinity Church.)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Facebook© Trinity Episcopal Church
Website by Mintaka Design.